Leadership Development (Scheduled)
One of the themes that consistently arises at all of Currie’s dealer/distributor group meetings is how to develop leaders. At times it is your identified successor(s) of your dealer/distributorships, or it might be your current managers that have leadership potential
Currie looks at the development of a dealer/distributor leader on two levels. The first level is basic business knowledge. This knowledge is specific to your industry and to dealerships/distributorships which includes knowing the Currie Financial Model with all the details. The second level of development centers on the leadership behaviors that drive the execution of the Currie Financial Model. The leadership behaviors that are taught are the building blocks of great leadership. These factors include mental agility, interpersonal finesse, change mastery, and goal orientation. The Currie process combines the knowledge of the Financial Model with leadership behaviors in an environment where they can safely begin to develop.
Our response to your inquiry about how to develop leaders for your organization is a forum by which we educate and coach these leaders through a series of meetings (each quarter for a period of one year) and monthly coaching calls. We are happy to report that over 100 managers/leaders have completed the Currie Leadership Development series.
Workshop One: Choose February 13 and 14, 2023 or February 27 and 28, 2023
Overview of a Successful Dealership / Distributorship, & Understanding Self and Others
- Introduction to the Currie Financial Model to gain a strong knowledge of the business model and how it fits within the global marketplace.
- Pre-assessment in MBTI. Change begins with knowing yourself. Participants will be able to identify their strengths and challenges as leaders and will leave the session with behavioral goals.
Workshop Two: Date TBD @ February 2023 Meeting
Sales Department/Account Management, Emotional Intelligence, & Assertive Communication
- Using case studies and lectures, participants will learn the what, how, and why of Account Management and the operation of a Sales Department.
- 360 Emotional Intelligence survey and review. Participants will learn which Emotional Intelligence factors they need to improve to increase their effectiveness.
- Pre-assessments in Assertiveness and Communication Effectiveness.
- Participants will have a deeper understanding of their communication and assertiveness styles and leave with techniques to improve communication at work.
Workshop Three: Date TBD @ February 2023 Meeting:
Aftermarket Management & Teambuilding
- Participants will have a detailed knowledge of the Aftermarket departments including parts, service, and rental. Lecture and case studies will be utilized.
- Participants will present a “Passion Speech.”
- Participants will participate in a survival exercise that demonstrates the value of team decision making.
- Team building lecture and exercises.
Workshop Four: Date TBD @ February 2023 Meeting
Understanding the Balance Sheet, Coaching & Leadership Theories
- Participants will work on case studies to increase their knowledge of the balance sheet and how it impacts the viability of a dealership/distributorship.
- Valuation process for a distribution business, and M&A topics are covered in depth.
- Several different Leadership Theories will be explored and practiced. LPI, Maxwell, and other leadership gurus will be discussed.
- Coaching theories and real-world applications will be explored and experienced.
- A book swap takes place.
Leadership Development Program Facilitated by:
Robin Currie, Vice President & General Manager Currie Management Consultants
Robin is a facilitator of Best Practices Groups, Women of Distribution Group Meetings, and Leadership Development Workshops. She is also the creator and developer of The Currie Training Center. Her depth of industry knowledge (agricultural equipment, material handling, power generation, compressors, construction machinery, commercial tires, and more) along with her understanding of dealership/distributorship operations together with her passion for leadership development is a sought-after combination. A graduate of Simmons College and a mother of four children, she remains passionate about the antislavery movement and is the Founder and Director of the Central Massachusetts Freedom Coalition.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Price: $6,000/participant + meeting expenses
Paid in five installments:
$1,000 upon registration
Registration includes the four in-person workshops, monthly group coaching sessions, and any individual coaching that is necessary. Expenses associated with the meetings will be shared and billed similar to that of our Best Practices groups.
Hotel & Travel costs are the responsibility of the participant and are not included in the price. Once registered, the Currie team will reserve each participant a hotel room which can be paid directly to the hotel upon arrival.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, feel free to email Robin Currie email@example.com